Derivakat is a writer, singer, and producer based in San Francisco, California. With works spanning a variety of genres, she blends electronic and pop elements to create music that evokes emotion and image.
1. How old are you and what are your pronouns?
I am 22 years old and I use she/her pronouns.
2. Where are you from?
I’m from San Francisco, California.
3. Where did you learn to produce music?
I have a degree in Music Production and I also studied some Songwriting in college.
4. What do you use for producing music?
I use Logic Pro X for the software and a WA14 condenser mic to record.
5. What instruments do you play?
I’m classically trained in piano and I’ve been singing for almost as long.
6. Can I use your songs in my Twitch live streams?
Yes! All my original songs are safe to use on Twitch streams and they won’t get you a copyright strike.
7. Can I use your songs as background music in my youtube video or animatic?
Yes, that’s ok with me, as long as you give credit and don't monetize the video without my permission.
For more detailed information on specific usage of my work, please click here:
8. Can I send your songs to other content creators to watch?
If the content creator is doing Mediashare or asking for things to watch/listen to, then it's ok, but please DO NOT spam content creators with requests to watch my content! It puts me and my listeners in a bad light and reflects poorly on all of us. CC's have their own schedules and content that they plan out, please be respectful of that.
9. Will you be releasing instrumentals of your songs?
I am currently not planning to release instrumentals for any of my songs.
For more detailed information on my personal boundaries as a content creator, please click here:
Here are approved usages of my music. This list is subject to change.
- 8D Versions
- Slowed/reverb versions
- Nightcore versions
- Dance coversMonetized with permission (contact me):
- MAP ProjectsNot allowed:
- 1 hour / 10 hour etc. version
- Using/reposting art made by artists I've worked with without their or my permission
- Using/reposting my videos without my permission
This is a list of what I am and am not comfortable with as a content creator when engaging with me and my content. Please understand that I am a human being behind this screen, and should be treated with respect. This list is subject to change.
I’m ok with:
- Ranking my music
- Saying a song of mine is not your taste or not your preference
- Referring to me as “Kat”
- Fanart of me as long as it’s SFW and doesn’t implicate me in anything
- I mainly ask for people to use she/her pronouns but I’m also ok with they/them pronouns
- SFW fanfiction based on my songs
- Cosplaying my personaI’m not ok with:
- Sexualizing me or making NSFW comments about me
- Impersonating me
- Insulting people who listen to my music
- Calling my music bad, disgusting, overrated, or describing it negatively
- Unsolicited critique
- Involving me in external drama
- Comparing me to other creators in the community
- Using art I’ve commissioned from artists without their or my permission (includes profile pictures, video art, thumbnails, banners, album art, etc.)
- Fanfiction about me
- NSFW fanfiction based on my songs
- Shipping me with other people
- Referring to me by my legal name
- Using my face as your profile picture
- Fanmerch (no making money off my brand or my content without my permission)
- DOXXing / SWATing / death threats and joking about those things with me
Thank you for reaching out!